Sunday, June 15, 2014

Surprise in the bottom of the box

I know, I know, it's more flowers.  Just sit down and scroll through the pretty pictures.  I promise there is something else at the end.  And no, it's not anything about my new job.  I will tell you about that one next time.  Really.  I will.

These are in chronological order, starting from June 3rd (hey - that was my birthday!) and the last few were taken today.



I am fascinated with the way the rhodo flowers blossomed although I must say, the color was much more impressive at this stage than at full bloom.




The azalea has crazy cool color.


Did anyone besides my sister Ann notice that the pictures I had previously posted and called Lily of the Valley were in actual fact Solomon's Seal?  Apparently, I've got both.


Black petunias.  This is what I planted in the sink.




Blooming, blooming, blooming....




That's the fascinating tree in my front yard.


Buttercup!





There is only one of those guys, and it doesn't want to stand up by itself.



See?  They bust open and they are a much lighter pink.


Crazy cool color.


This butterfly followed me around outside today.


Yikes, somebody needs to dust out here.


I'm thinking peony.  We soon shall see.


Daisies!  I miss the fields of daisies in Montana.


This is a somewhat crappy picture of two lovely bits of shrubbery.  See the next two photos:




And remember that plant with the little yellow flowers we thought might be a weed?  Now the yellow flowers are turning pink.  Huh.


See?  Following me around.

...

And now, here is the surprise in the bottom of the box.  I'm giving you a sneak peek at the painting I am sending to Derek for the 2nd annual Bigfork show.




He is 10" x 22.75" and he still needs a name.  He also needs a frame.  A name and a frame.  And yes, in case you were wondering, I drew this freehand before I painted it.  I used a photo as a visual reference, but I drew it freehand.  Not bad for someone who can't draw.  Now, how to pack and ship him when his varnish hasn't completely cured....

Oh, and A GIANT P.S.!  Leslie sent me a copy of THE BOOK, THE BOOK, THE NEW SECOND BOOK!  Woo hoo!  I haven't started reading it yet, so more on that later.  Stay tuned!

2 comments:

  1. LOVE the painting. Why is it that after I buy a piece from an artist I like, I just keep wanting more? Glad the book arrived -- ENJOY!
    And yes, a peony. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want that painting!!
    And amazing flower photos~ what a treat!

    ReplyDelete